According to Wikipedia a mantra is ‘a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of creating transformation’.
Here are the ten most useful mantras I have heard recently, from people working at the sharp end of digital:
1. Put users and their needs first
2. Go to where your audience are
3. Listen, then engage
4. Measure engagement, not traffic
5. Content is king
6. Only start digital activity that you can sustain…
7. …and have a plan for leaving
9. Fail fast
10. No I can’t make a PDF, you need the IT help desk
Capable of creating transformation, or contradictory cliches? Taken collectively and applied consistently, I reckon they could transform our approach to digital engagement (including number ten).
What do you think?Image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugovk/